Sunday 29 April 2012

peculiar

Recently not only have I been asking myself these questions but I hear a few people have been asking these questions too, either about myself or the people surrounding me. Questions about defining yourself.

There are multiple ways of tackling this, however we spend almost all our lives attempting to define ourselves, how people view us and how we want to be seen ourselves (ideal ego and ego ideal malarkey). However at the end of the day we will never find the answer, we are evidently who we are.

The older I get the more I find that characteristics are just ideologies made up to create certain statistics about one another; but to one person the level or meaning of those characteristics can be vastly comparable to another's definition of it.

For a while I fell into the trap and began questioning who I was, where I was headed and what I wanted and kept falling into the loop that I knew I don't know and never will. Which is when it hit me, who says I need to define myself? Who says that I should need and have to know what I want or what I want to do with myself? They say without focus there is no life but I say I'm just enjoying life. You could say I'm reckless and immature for thinking this way, but then again... When did it matter what you nor I think?

peace, k x

No comments:

Post a Comment