Wednesday 29 February 2012

I bet you shower naked, slut.

Wording and interpretation. Todays topic.

It's truly bewildering this thing called language and communication how what is being communicated can be changed in just a change of tone of voice or emphasis on different words heck, even choice of words.

"I never said she stole my wallet"

You see, by stressing different words of this statement alone can give it about 7 different meanings together. Alongside with an over used term of "Will you marry me" or "I love you"can be drastically changed by saying something 'off topic' like "I want to grow old with you"

Communication, what's being communicated, what's between the lines, what's being interpreted. We find ourselves constantly trying to analyse and pull apart what one another are truly saying, maybe even twisting words to manipulate others. I bet a lot of you may even think what's the point of me typing this, what are my motives - like usual it's just something to think about.

On a lighter note, a leap year day has just been, it comes only once every four years so I hope you all spent it wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment